First of all, let's install node.js
- Go to https://nodejs.org/
- Download LTS (recommended) version
- Install and restart computer
Open a command prompt window, type in node -v and hit enter. If you see version number, node.js is installed properly.
Now, let's install and use BrowserSync.
- In the command prompt type: npm install -g browser-sync and hit enter.
- Navigate to your project folder.
- Type in browser-sync start --server --files "*.html, *css/.css"
- Change directories according to your project structure.
- Hit enter and enjoy!
Update: Make sure you have an index.html file in your project directory.