LiveReload is a tool that automatically refreshes your webpage once changes are made in your code editor.
Let’s install it for Windows, but you can also use it in OSx and Linux.
- Go to livereload.com
- Scroll down to Windows link and download the program
- Install and run it
- In the top left corner of LiveReload window click add
- Select your project foloder. (This folder now will be watched for changes by the program)
- Go to livereload.com/extensions and install the extension for your browser
- In Chrome, go to Manage Extensions and enable Allow access to file URLs
- You should now have a LiveReload icon in your browser extensions panel
- Click it to enable and watch the magic. Open an HTML file in your project. Once you make a change in your code editor and save, the page will refresh automatically
YouTube video on the subject.
Update: It seems that the Firefox extension does not work. I found another way to auto reload and I now use it with Firefox Developer Edition. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/auto-reload/?src=api